IT Systems Engineer
Remote or Orlando, FL
Job Requirement and Description:
Our mission is to secure critical infrastructure by providing world-class cybersecurity services to U.S. businesses of all sizes. We are a national leader in helping U.S. government and defense contractors meet cybersecurity and compliance requirements under DFARS, FAR, and export controls. Now in our fifth year, our division was founded to serve growing businesses through enterprise-class security consulting and managed services.
What you’ll do:
As the IT Systems Engineer, you’ll be responsible for configuring, deploying, and administering IT systems, applications, and infrastructure. Although you will specialize and serve as a subject matter expert (SME) on one or more platforms, you must also be a skilled generalist who can build and support a broad range of IT services and solutions.
Your day-to-day activities:
- Manage Internal IT service desk.
- Escalation support for Tier 2/3 support issues on service tickets
- Provisioning and monitoring of internal endpoints.
- Support IT project delivery by leading or contributing to the design, configuration, deployment, and integration of new and existing IT systems
- Develop and maintain subject matter expertise on one or more assigned platforms, systems, or deployment methods
- As a subject matter expert, lead the scoping, architectural design, configuration, and deployment of those systems, serve as the top escalation point for relevant support issues
- Develop standard operating procedures, knowledge base articles, and customer-facing documentation
- Contribute to pre-sales efforts including developing statements of work.
- Technical tasks related to CMMC audits including:
- Initiate communications with clients and establish a common understanding of assessment requirements and stakeholders.
- Audit the client’s current compliance with the appropriate CMMC standards (Level I thru IV) and provide assessment reports.
- Utilize CMMC Accreditation Body Standards and company designated tools to determine client compliance and advise clients on necessary measures to become compliant.
- Maintain detailed project management and records of CMMC audits
- Identify and review client artifacts and assess them for their value as evidence of compliance
- Produce reports in compliance with CMMC standards and issue certification documents certifying CMMC standards. Respond to CMMC certification appeals.
- Manage quality assurance metrics and contribute to the corporate CMMC quality management processes.
- Participate in continuous education and professional development to stay on emerging standards for CMMC assessments and certifications.
- Employ common project management and scheduling software to manage and coordinate multiple ongoing, sometimes geographically disbursed assessment projects.
Who are you:
You’re an IT systems administrator with experience building and supporting a broad range of IT systems, including servers and workstations, applications, and networking. You’re comfortable troubleshooting most aspects of IT in the modern workplace. You enjoy working with new systems and software and can quickly come up to speed on a new piece of technology and understand how it works and interacts with other aspects of IT infrastructure. Although you’re an IT generalist, you like to dig in and develop mastery of a system or platform. You’re a team player and co-workers respect you for your technical acumen and willingness to lend a hand.
What you need have:
- U.S. citizenship
- 5+ years of progressive experience supporting IT in a corporate environment, including 3+ years of experience administering IT systems
- Contemporary knowledge of cloud architecture and security best practices
- Strong general knowledge of IT systems, including servers, virtualization (Hyper-V), Windows domain services (Active Directory, Group Policy), Windows 10, endpoint management, and desktop support
- Solid grasp of networking fundamentals, network design, and troubleshooting (DNS, DHCP, wireless, routing, switching, firewalls, VPN)
- Experience configuring and managing Microsoft cloud services (Office 365, Azure AD, Intune, AWS)
- Demonstrated experience in Networking and Network Security products including Managed Detection and Response, Next Gen Firewalls, IDS/IPS, SIEM Solutions, SOAR, Cloud Security, End Point Security, Vulnerability and Penetration Testing Services
- Strong understanding of security fundamentals (least privilege, RBAC, audit logging, endpoint security, change management)
- Basic knowledge of Linux systems (RHEL, CentOS)
- Proficiency with PowerShell, scripting, and automation techniques
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Excellent organization, communication, problem-solving, and active listening skills
It would be great if you have:
- Experience in cybersecurity, IT system management, or cyber threat analysis of IT Security frameworks (FedRAMP, NIST, DoD CMMC, etc.) including experience employing risk management methodologies, NIST, and/or CNSS guidance, vulnerability assessment scanning tools, and network engineering. Experience with implementation of CMMC compliance measures including NIST 800-171 Standards.
- Experience managing multiple, simultaneous customer projects
- Have completed at least one industry-specific certification: EC-Council, CompTIA, or (ISC)2
- Knowledge and passion for cloud-first architecture, including experience building and deploying systems in Azure
- Familiarity with version control systems, DevOps tools and concepts, and infrastructure-as-code
- Exposure to compliance requirements for the U.S. Defense Industrial Base (i.e., CMMC, DFARS, NIST SP 800-171) or other industry compliance frameworks (ISO 27001, CIS Controls)
- Professional certifications such as Microsoft, Linux, networking, or related certifications
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in technology, engineering, or related field
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; -Active Top-Secret security clearance.