Job Requirement and Description:
The Program Analyst analyzes program requirements, status, budget and schedules. Performs program management, technical, or business case analyses. Collects, completes, organizes and interprets technical data and financial information relating to system acquisition and product programs. Tracks program/project status and schedules. Applies policies and procedures for financial planning. The Program analyst will be responsible for all Program Management elements such as planning, integrating, and statusing program milestones and schedules.
Active secret clearance
Minimum qualifications are:
- BS or BA degree in a Business, Management or another business-related discipline OR
- An AS or AA degree and an additional four (4) years of experience OR
- An additional six (6) years of experience may be substituted for a BS or BA degree.
- At least four (4) years of experience in program management, technical or business analysis discipline and included in the four (4) years, there must be two (2) years professional experience in technical efforts supporting major weapon systems and components development.
- Familiarity with Production Modernization ongoing efforts and scope.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite with particular emphasis on word processing, presentation, and spreadsheet applications (MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and MS Excel).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience in supporting collaborative efforts across multiple programs/entities.
- Demonstrated successful experience with communications and interacting with Federal Government leadership, governmental sites and national laboratories.
In concert with the Federal Program Manager and other team members, responsibilities will include:
- Assessing and applying program knowledge and capabilities to support and advise Domestic Uranium Enrichment Program execution.
- Acquiring and maintaining knowledge of programmatic and portfolio analysis tools and methodologies.
- Absorbing broad objectives from management to independently analyze, evaluate, and integrate solutions for complex and diverse problems involving multiple stakeholders.
- Identifying, tracking, mitigating, and resolving issues related to achieving program objectives.
- Coordinating with multiple stakeholders across diverse organizational cultures, priorities, and responsibilities, and participation in inter-organization or working group meetings.
- Communicating effectively about program status using strategic documents and visualizations, planning reports, white papers, programmatic documents, slides, and oral presentation.
- Readily adding tasks and scope as C5ISR portfolio matures.
The incumbent supports a lead analyst, program manager, team leader or supervisor in the execution of work assigned. Incumbent assists in performing research to gain and formalize information for a project or program. He/she uses established or developed methodology to conduct analytic assessments in accordance with developed and published project plans (such as integrated master plans and schedules). Incumbent works as part of an integrated team to collaborate and resolve issues in many functional and technical areas such as test and evaluation, engineering, production, procurement, user requirements, contract requirements, delivery, support and sustainment. Incumbent plays a significant role in developing and authoring program and acquisition documentation required to support or meet program and project milestones with multiple internal and external organizations. Works with others to formulate recommendations for senior leaders to support major program events and decision points. Assists leaders in the development of contractual documents and contract management tasks such as serving as the Contract Officer Representative (COR). Assists with the conduct of economic and cost estimates/ assessments such as Rough Order of Magnitudes (ROMs), cost analogies, Basis of Estimates (BOEs). The incumbent assist in the planning, development and execution of the budget request, obligation and execution· tracking, and spend plan development. Assists Team Leader and Program Manager to improve processes, implement recommendations, and conduct problem solving exercises. Incumbent supports leaders to gain consensus on issues impacting the program or project that may be in conflict with existing policies and regulations. Incumbent gathers and applies data to determine, update, and maintain credible and relevant metrics. Incumbent assists with the development of briefs to convey information, interpret data, and request decisions; assists with coordinating, scheduling, and executing the brief.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience of the Defense Acquisition Management Process. Includes knowledge of key activities and documentation requirements of each phase of the acquisition life cycle for all categories of programs Experience and ability to achieve expressed goals and objectives of the program through interaction and coordination in a team environment.
- Moderate experience in cost estimating techniques.
- Experience in developing and establishing metrics that support the assessment and management of the project and/or program.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally. Include experience developing comprehensive reports and discussing input /results and defend ideas/position.
- Knowledge and experience in conducting research, evaluating data, and providing recommendations.
- Knowledge of any of the following functional areas or systems with similar technology:
- Communications, Intelligence and Networking Systems.
- Information Systems and Infrastructure (Business Systems, Network and Infrastructure Services Computing Platforms).
- C5 and IT Systems.
- Knowledge and development of an integrated milestone plan/schedule or development of a detailed program plan.
- Knowledge of and experience with the DOD Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution System.
- Experience in supporting and/or managing a project or program throughout its acquisition life cycle.